Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 123

Today was Annie's first experience at the zoo. Of course we decided that if you have children under 2 (or 3) years of age the zoo is really for parents to get out and walk around with a different scenery other than the mall or neighborhood. Joe and I had fun while Annie stayed snuggled up in her car seat stroller nice and warm. Yes, it was 65 degrees outside but the wind was COLD and maybe if it were warmer I would have tried to show Annie some animals. I was enjoying my walk too much and the conversation of my husband to interrupt it with a baby who could become crabby from the cold. Did you know that at the zoo their bathrooms are few and far between? For a place that has children crawling all over, there are points where you need to walk a long way to find a restroom. Needless to say we were horrible parents and let Annie use her diaper. Now most people wouldn't say they are 'horrible parents' when they let their 6 month old eliminate in his/her diaper, but when we're trying to EC and get her used to the potty... that makes us pretty bad. (In a good way though...)
Annie ended up pooping in her diaper which was about the 2nd time in the past 2 months. Let me tell you that each time it happens I'm reminded how wonderful EC is and how great it is that Annie is catching onto this whole potty thing. Once again... our weekend is all off schedule. I guess we'll try harder tomorrow!


Today I learned: The zoo really isn't for kids... it's a great place for parents to walk with an ever changing scenery.
Diapers saved today =2
Money saved today = $0.40
Money saved to date = $137.00

No comments:

Post a Comment