Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 128

After a L O N G day away from Annie yesterday... today was time to get 'reacquainted' and enjoy time with extended family. We went to visit Great-Grandma, Great Aunties, and a Great cousin (but I think technically she's called a second cousin to Annie...). Annie followed theme and was in a GREAT mood. All day she was laughing, cooing and having a ball while being the center of attention. Great Grandma showed Annie how to play the slot machine and win big!
While we were there I was interested in hearing what types of diapers Grandma used with her children (she had 6 of 'em). Cloth diapers were the only thing available, plus the cheapest. Grandma said that she used cloth but her children were not potty trained any earlier. They were 100% potty trained usually by 2-3 years of age. Not any younger than toddlers today. This really got my brain thinking. Is EC the only way to help your child be potty trained before age of 2? I'm not even sure that this will work. Although I'm not a 'die hard' ECer either.... perhaps I should be. Very interesting thought that really, not much has changed in 60 years. It's amazing to me that even 'back then' Grandma got the same 'results' as today's parents of toddlers. I think this calls for more in-depth research... stay tuned...


Today I learned: Gaining knowledge from much more experienced mothers is so enlightening! (especially when it's from your own grandmother)
Diapers saved today =2
Money saved today = $0.60
Money saved to date = $140.60

No comments:

Post a Comment