Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 64

Do you ever have tunnel vision? As if you are so focused on the end result or a particular goal you forget to notice other life happenings along the way? We all have done it at one time or another... for us Minnesotans it may be that we are so focused on the coming of spring and summer we forget to look around and enjoy the way the sun is reflecting off the remaining snow. OR perhaps we are focused and looking forward to spring break and forget to enjoy our Saturdays in hopes to accomplish everything before we leave for vacation. Maybe you're even too focused on tomorrow that you forget to enjoy the quiet of tonight...
Today I became too focused on getting Annie down for a nap. I was reading to her and trying to calm her down after putting her in her crib once already. Of course, getting anxious myself was not helping but I was determined to get her to nap. That was my first mistake. I forgot all about EC for the moment and wanted her so badly to fall asleep in my arms. She was quick to remind me to pay attention to the little things. Annie kept grabbing at me and turning towards me as if to say come on mom, I need you right now. All I could say was "it's okay honey... go to sleep." After a few minutes of this type of reaching she gave up...I heard her going to the bathroom in her diaper and it hit me. SHE WAS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING! Why was I having such bad tunnel vision that I wasn't able to 'hear' her? I apologized to her, which I'm sure she didn't understand, in hopes I could reverse the situation. I learned a valuable lesson today: make sure to pay attention to the little things. I will make sure to pay closer attention next time and try not to worry too much about the end result. I need to enjoy the little things along the way. Eventually Annie napped and I got a nap in too while enjoying the little girl that was sleeping on me. In the end, it was a little thing that made my day!



Today I learned: Tunnel vision is all too common... pay attention to the little things!
Diapers saved today =7
Money saved today = $1.40
Money saved to date = $82.40

No comments:

Post a Comment