Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 75


Toileting Annie is much like the weather... it gives people something to talk about when conversation may be scarce. I never thought I would be talking so openly about my daughter's poop and pee schedule and 'potty training' her as an infant. Nope, I assumed we would be like all the other new parents: just going with the flow and making sure we did everything EXACTLY by the book. Because after all, that's how you do things for your children... how everyone else does them and how they are supposed to be done...right? Apparently I was mistaken!
To my amazement I sit here typing on this blog and trying to provide many of you with your the next topic of the week. You know... the "can you believe what I saw/read" topic to bring up when you're at a loss for words by the water cooler at work. That is if you have a water cooler at work... but you get the picture!
Toileting Annie brings smiles to people's faces and a chuckle to their mouth... no one can ask us with a serious face "how is potty training your baby going?" It's just plain impossible. On the same token... we are unable to answer any potty related questions with a straight face. Pretty neat how something that seems so menial could become an interesting topic of conversation and a "wow" moment for some.
Speaking of WOW moment... I took Annie to the bathroom at church this morning and like always brought her into a stall. There was someone else in the bathroom too and I know she heard me cuing Annie to pee pee pee pee then heard a little tinkle tinkle. The lady walked out of her stall after Annie had finished and just looked at me and gave a smile/laugh. I wonder what conversation that started this afternoon? I can just hear it now... "you'll never guess what I saw at church... no really.. I'm not kidding!"
Stay tuned... more conversation starters are sure to come!!!


Today I learned: Toileting Annie gives us all something to talk about!
Diapers saved today =4
Money saved today = $.80
Money saved to date = $95.60

No comments:

Post a Comment