Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 115

Four things babies want: eliminate, eat, play, sleep....I think that about covers it. Annie seems to want these things in a certain order or at a certain time of day. It amazes me that she knows what she wants and then whines/fusses her way to getting it. I guess the even more amazing part is that I can tell which fuss/cry is for what item. I can tell when she'll nurse and when she'll eat solid foods, or even what toy she is frustrated with and which she wants to play with next. I guess that's why parents are so important... we need to figure things out for our babies.
This morning Annie had a slow start to the day with EC, but once she was reminded of how great EC was and how awesome having a dry diaper is... it was smooth sailing! YEAH! A little fuss to let me know she had to go and that was all it took. So now when she cries I can tell... actually her signal is no longer a cry until it's too late. She signals in a 'mmmmmama' type tone and then cries if she already has dirtied her diaper. Amazing how these little people communicate. If only we all communicated that well and never assumed others knew what we wanted. Now wouldn't life be easier?!


Today I learned: Decoding cries may be easier than I once thought...although it takes a LOT of concentration!
Diapers saved today =4
Money saved today = $0.80
Money saved to date = $130.80

No comments:

Post a Comment