Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 41

Embarking on the EC adventure was not easy but with each passing day it gets easier and easier. At first there were moments that I regretted starting EC and in turn regretted starting this blog with a 'promise' to continue EC for one WHOLE YEAR!!! As the days have come and gone I have learned a lot about myself and my darling Annie. Of course there are the teal posts following each blog of what I've learned for the day, but I could write a book full of all the other things not posted that I'm learning.
Don't we all have those things in life that we think are going to be extremely difficult but then becomes second nature. We learn throughout the process so much about ourselves and our family.
Maybe having a child is the start of those things. People all asked us if we were ready to have a baby... how can you ever be ready? So we'd answer that we'd "wing it." There are so many decisions that we make daily for this little person and right away you think you will run her life, quickly to realize she will take over yours! Yes, Annie has taken over our lives and we have learned how to be parents. Some days are easier than others but at the end of the day she still smiles when she looks at us... I would take that as a sign of approval. Is being a mom difficult? YES, it's the hardest job I'll ever LOVE and I truly enjoy every minute of trying to figure it out. Do I think it's extremely difficult... it has it's moments, but most of the time I feel like it's second nature to feed Annie, change her (or now practice EC), play with her, and get her to sleep (which is usually the hardest).
Same with EC, practicing it for 40 days, we have become accustomed to taking her to the bathroom and offering a pee or poop. At first I felt extremely weird about the whole situation... who takes their BABY to pee in the toilet? Now, I wonder why I get strange looks from people when I say 'she just has to go to the bathroom.' Then it hits me... this isn't normal, but for us we wouldn't have it any other way.


Today I learned: Normal is all in the eye of the beholder.
Diapers saved today =6
Money saved today = $1.20
Money saved to date = $56.40

No comments:

Post a Comment