Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 42

Most successful day of EC yet!!! Annie is truly understanding how AMAZING a dry diaper feels. Today she used her signals more than any other day since we started this process. Annie is beginning to use more of a grunting noise rather than fussing when she needs to use the bathroom. There are times when I take her to the toilet and she doesn't go... I always encourage her and tell her good try. Within a few minutes she grunts or 'yells' again and she goes when I take her. The way Annie communicates is incredible. She is learning how to get my attention in the right way. Does she still cry? OF COURSE she's only a baby... but she is learning when the time is right to cry to use the bathroom and when to coo, yell or grunt to use the bathroom.

As she tries out the different methods of communication I wonder if she senses the mood and changes her signals accordingly. For example, if we are playing having tummy time and she needs to pee or poop she coos or grunts enough so I know she needs a potty break. OR if she has just woken up from a nap she whines a little for me to take her. Then, there are the times when she is tired, hungry, upset, and needs to eliminate and she cries with her big pouty bottom lip. Those times Annie cries right up until she pees... then she is happy. I guess that brings up the question: Do we learn from a very young age how to change our communication signals based on the mood of the situation?
Stay tuned... diaper free hours are yet to come this week.


Today I learned: Annie changes her signal for elimination based on the mood of the situation
Diapers saved today =12
Money saved today = $2.40
Money saved to date = $58.80

No comments:

Post a Comment