Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 55

I heard somewhere that it takes 6 weeks for daily practice of a new task to become habit. Did the person who came up with this theory ever test it on an infant? My guess would be no. After nearly 8 weeks of EC (boy it seems like a lot longer) it hasn't quite yet become habit for Annie. I'm hoping after 12 weeks we'll be closer to making this a habit, but I guess we'll see in four weeks. It amazes me how much EC has become part of my daily routine, however Annie has not yet realized how to make us understand her signal each time she needs to void. I suppose it's much like training a toddler who doesn't always get to the bathroom right away but I hope I'll never have to find out if it's like that. :)
Yes, this EC stuff it difficult and time consuming and we are hoping it becomes a habit really quickly... but it is also rewarding! After nearly 8 weeks of EC Annie has become a happier baby and hates a wet/dirty diaper. The only time she'll sit in a wet or dirty diaper is when she's asleep at night... she just doesn't want to wake up to go. Do you blame her? All other times she wakes up or cries until we change her or take her to her potty. So, I guess in part she has made EC a habit... now she just needs to make using her potty a habit. Stay tuned... the search for cloth diapers begins!


Today I learned: Maybe it takes longer than 6 weeks to form a habit.
Diapers saved today =4
Money saved today = $0.80
Money saved to date = $72.40

No comments:

Post a Comment