Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 22

Do you feel when you learn a new skill or accomplish an important task, something else in your life has to be put on the back burner for a few days? That's exactly what I'm noticing with Annie. She found her voice over the weekend and now today she is rolling over! Too tough to concentrate on more than one thing, so she has a few slow days with EC. I am trying so hard to be patient and allow her time to grow, knowing full well she'll come back to EC full blast...after all who wants to sit in wet pants? NOT ANNIE!!!

My goal of being diaper free didn't pan out very well for Annie today. She had an extremely rough night and needed to focus on sleep. So, diaper free time went to the side and we focused on making her happy and getting some much needed sleep (for both of us).

I ended up 'wearing' Annie more today in the baby carrier. In Diaper Free by Ingrid Bauer, she states that when you wear your baby you are more in tune to his/her needs. SO true! As you can see by the totals for today, Annie was communicating the same and I was listening better. I was able to tell exactly when she needed to use the bathroom and she went almost every time I offered. AMAZING!

Each day I am in awe of what a little baby can tell me. Now when I see other babies fuss I think to myself... if only their mom/dad would listen. All of them would be happier!!! Putting in the extra time and effort takes out the guessing game of 'why is she crying' and replaces it with smiles and giggles all around.... it's bound to get better... stay tuned.



Today I learned: Plans don't always work out the way we want... but there is always tomorrow
Diapers saved today = 11
Money saved today = $2.20
Money saved to date = $37.00

No comments:

Post a Comment