Friday, January 1, 2010

Day THREE

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! We rang in the new decade with Annie in arms and family around us. What a great way to celebrate the milestones to come in this new year.

As for today... what a poopy day (quite literally)!

We woke up and the day was started with a BANG! Daddy took Annie to the potty and she pooped and peed upon cuing. Next up, BREAKFAST and she ate like a champ... but like most children she procrastinated cleaning up with the 'ol "I have to go to the bathroom" trick. Lucky for her she managed to pee and poop again! Two in less than an hour... today was bound to be a great day! Many successes today and a few misses. It's bound to happen and we won't have dry diapers consistently until after a few months of practicing EC (according to the 'experts'). After a month, we'll need to invest in a baby potty that's more comfortable for her (boy I never thought those words would come out of my mouth). By then I'm thinking we'll have saved enough to splurge the $12.95 (hopefully)!

Today I feel as if I am learning her signals better. It seems like she fusses a bit and then fusses more when I don't take her to use the potty right away. AMAZING!

I have to say: this whole Elimination Communication is tons of work... we're taking her about every 20-30 minutes. (and she pees or poops that often) I suppose if we want her to learn not to sit in a wet diaper we need to listen to her signals. Sometimes I feel awkward because we take our infant to use the potty and "normal" people change diapers. Then I ask myself: When did our society become so backwards that it is normal to change diapers than to have infants pee/poop in a potty?


Today I learned: I'm writing daily about my daughter's pee and poop habits... too funny!
Diapers saved today = 13
Money saved today = $2.60
Money saved to date = $6.00

No comments:

Post a Comment