Friday, January 15, 2010

Day SEVENTEEN

What a great Friday! Annie had a monumental moment today...she signaled different than ever before to use the bathroom. I had just finished feeding her when she started to grab at the neck of my shirt. I removed her hand and offered her more food (assuming this is what she wanted because she was not fussy in the least). She declined my offer and grabbed at me again, again I removed her hand. Then, a third and final time she grabbed at my shirt and started tugging on in as if to say she wanted something. I took her to the bathroom... and she peed! I barely got her undressed and ready to go when she started. It was amazing, she just really had to go and didn't want to dirty her diaper! So fun to see her communicate in a different way.

As for the perfect potty, the search continues... we now have another cheaper option but have to check it out in person at Ikea (thanks Jodi). As we wait for the perfect potty to appear, we will continue to use our dessert containers. Although the therapy Annie will endure when she's a teenager may not be worth the wait...especially when Annie comes home from a friends house and wonders why her friend thinks it's fun to "lick the bowl of her potty." For now we'll wait another couple weeks and pray she doesn't remember any of this. We'll even hide the pictures from her! :)
17 days in and we've saved nearly thirty dollars...I think it's worth it... plus the memories we are making... well they're priceless.
None of use will ever look at Cool Whip the same...sorry...


Today I learned: Annie is learning new ways to communicate her needs everyday!

Diapers saved today = 8
Money saved today = $1.60
Money saved to date = $29.00

No comments:

Post a Comment