Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day SEVEN

Do babies really do things deliberately? I would normally answer no to that question, but today I'm am carefully rethinking that response. Each time Annie pees she get closer and closer to her Daddy's razor and brush no matter how far away it is on the counter. And today she had to pee really bad and the cool whip container was upstairs so she peed in his sink! If she does this now, scary to think of her rebelling at age 13!

Annie is doing great with the peeing part of the equation. Even though her 'potty' is more of a make shift cheapo version of a toilet and she is always held in front of a mirror due to the height, comfort and positioning we use, she seems to be grasping the concept quite well. I know, I know, she is only a baby... but she is one smart baby! (She must take after her mother).

Today she peed in her diaper twice and then cried until I changed her (which was only a minute tops). Last time I checked you can barely tell when a diaper is wet from feel (thank you pampers), yet the weight changes a little. She must have a scale in her that signals her vocal cords whenever the weight changes. I'm a little worried what would happen if we decide to go diaper free and then need to have her wear a diaper again. YIKES! But we just can't get this pooping thing down. It's like she wants to go, but then sees herself in the mirror and changes her mind. I guess she has a point, would you like to use the bathroom staring into a mirror?!

I finally had to give her permission to poop her pants today to help her go. She was eating and I felt as if she needed to go, so I decided to let her keep eating and say the cue word. Within seconds she started going, then I took her to the bathroom and she continued in the potty. CRAZY! I don't know what else to do to encourage her to go in the bucket. I tried bribing her but she just smiles at me knowing she'll get what she wants anyway. Then I tried feeding her candy, but I'm just getting cavities...any other ideas?
Before I gave her permission to dirty her diaper I attempted at the potty. She just stared at me the whole time and giggled. As if to say "Mom, this is too funny to do what you want... I'm peeing and that just isn't enough. I'll show you! Buy me a NICE NEW potty, then we'll talk."

With that I'm off to search for the PERFECT infant potty... wish me luck!

Today I learned: Babies know more than they let on!
Diapers saved today = 8
Money saved today = $1.60
Money saved to date = $13.00




No comments:

Post a Comment