Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day FIFTEEN

Illness continues as everyone in our household is officially sick! Annie has an ear infection and needs extra attention today. She's been crying most of the day and very cuddly. Needless to say EC is on the back burner as the day progresses. Even when she's sick she has fussed a few times and wants to be taken to the bathroom occasionally. AMAZING! This morning she went three times in a row, even used her potty to poop. I think she is getting smarter each day.

It's extremely hard for me to read her signals today because she is so upset. I'm hoping once the antibiotics kick in she'll feel better and she'll be able to communicate more to me about her needs. For now, I'll continue to cuddle and snuggle with her praying she feels better soon. Time will help all of us... and a weather warm up couldn't hurt either!

My daughter already has me thinking...if she can make an effort when she is so tired and sick I never have the right to complain about taking her to the bathroom again! I'll admit, there are those times when I'm completely exhausted and I'd rather let her go in her diaper when she signals to pee or poop. Of course there are times when she's crying on the potty because she is tired but needs to go I think to myself how much easier it would be to forget all of it. BUT then there are days like today when she is so tired and I can tell she is not feeling well yet makes an effort to make it to the potty. Days like today reinforce that we're doing this for her and for our future too. Days like today make me thankful that she isn't the two year old that is tired and exhausted and refusing to use the potty. Days like today make me so happy that we are using EC. Days like today make being a mom the BEST gig in town... especially Annie's mom!

EC is second to helping my little one get healthy but we will make every effort to listen as Annie tells us what she needs... stay tuned.




Today I learned: Illness can hinder our progress...only momentarily.

Diapers saved today = 5
Money saved today = $1.00
Money saved to date = $25.20



No comments:

Post a Comment