Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day SIXTEEN

WOULD YOU RATHER...change a dirty diaper or flush the dirty part down the toilet without touching any of it?
I would rather flush it down! That's exactly what I've been doing the past few days...NOT CHANGING poopy diapers. Does Annie poop? OF COURSE... as Taro Gomi clearly illustrates in her book... Everyone Poops! It's just that Annie poops in the toilet. Much like you and I. Yes, she is quite to the point where she can wipe herself (we're working on that one;)) but one simple wipe and it's over. No more scrubbing her bottom to try and get it all clean. It's simple, easy, and less painful for her. In my opinion... a win win situation!

The antibiotics are starting to kick in!!! Annie is a little better today, although still coughing she has not thrown up once! THANK GOD! This morning she awoke ready to go.. quite literally. Her diaper was nearly dry after nine hours of sleep. Again, under 'normal' circumstances I would be worried she's dehydrated... but I knew she was waiting for me to take her to the bathroom. She showed me first hand this morning when she peed a LOT that she was not dehydrated! Annie just didn't want to sit in her heavy, wet diaper! Then a few minutes later she signaled me to take her again. She did this for the first couple hours she was awake, voiding each time she was taken.
Being on antibiotics, the pooping part is getting to be a challenge. Unfortunately, side effects=diarrhea. So, she signals me that she needs to go and by the time I get her pants down she has a little in her diaper. No biggie... I just clean it up and she finishes in the toilet! I'm trying not to give her too much praise because I don't want Annie to think she is failing when she doesn't make it in time. The reality is, I'm failing when she doesn't make it to the potty in time. She can't walk, crawl or even roll over for that matter... how in the world could she get there?! So, I'm trying to be patient with myself and give myself a break when I don't always hear her signals correctly....easier said than done... stay tuned!



Today I learned: Annie depends on me for EVERYTHING...if she misses...I have missed!

Diapers saved today = 11
Money saved today = $2.20
Money saved to date = $27.40


No comments:

Post a Comment