Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day ELEVEN

Annie greeted us this morning with a smile and a fuss. First stop: the bathroom. She went right on cue and was even happier.
The rest of the day seemed a little hard on all of us. Perhaps it's the cold weather wearing us down or maybe just the fact that the weekend is here, but we were all moving a few steps slower. A few steps slower for us means a few misses throughout the day. ECing always seems easier during the week... I know I know, eleven days in and I say "always."

Well, Annie had a few good signals that we caught and a few GREAT signals that we somehow missed. I blame myself for the BLOWOUT tonight. I totally forgot what a blowout was for the past week and a half, but she sure reminded me tonight. I think Annie made sure it was an extra BIG blowout just because I didn't pay attention to her cues. For some reason the thought crossed my mind that she needed to go to the bathroom, but then again I thought she was just fussy. So I decided to feed her and hold her, boy did pay back come to me! Poop ALL over and I mean all over everything. Not only did she soil her own clothing (through three layers) but she got my sweater pretty good too. It was crazy! Of course she giggled and laughed all while I was cleaning her up! Boy oh Boy... ECing is great for many reasons but if I could choose just one today I would choose the fact that blowouts are few and far between! Now that's something we can all be happy about!!!

Today I learned: Listen to Annie's cues.. or you may be changing a lot more than you bargained for!
Diapers saved today = 5
Money saved today = $1.00
Money saved to date = $19.00

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jinger and Joe. This is just so unbelievable but you're having such great success. Kudos to you both. I think it's amazing. I'm so glad Ed sent us the link to your blog. I'm anxious to follow as things progress. You guys are GREAT parents. Little Annie is so precious. Can't wait to meet her. I'll forward this link onto Christi as well. Take Care!! -Great Auntie Cathy Birkholz

    ReplyDelete