Monday, January 4, 2010

Day SIX

I'd like to see another "Look Who's Talking" movie made, but this time with infants whom are practicing elimination communication.
I can only imagine Annie's part: "My mom decided to try this new thing where she says a certain word and I pee or poop in this bucket, or at least that's the idea. Mom says it's going to work and Dad agrees, but I have total control. The first day or two I played along because it was funny, then I decided to rebel a little to make them second guess this EC thing and now I'm just going along with it because frankly I hate these heavy diapers!

Their so called 'potty' is a Cool Whip container and this grosses me out, but what can I do about it? Hoping they get a real potty soon...aren't I worth it? My Auntie says I'll never look at Cool Whip the same way, I totally agree. I'm not even three months old and they're already ruining the good food for me, next thing you know they'll have me pee or poop in an ice cream bucket! ick!

The funny part is I fuss a little and they run to get me on the pot. While they're walking, I continue to fuss and they try and undress me to use the bathroom. This is quite the challenge and makes me chuckle every time. Then my mom or dad puts me in the squat position and cues me to pee/poop. I have to peeing thing down, but pooping in front of someone... c'mon give the girl some privacy! Sometimes I make it harder for Dad, just to see what he says. He's a good sport about it and feels bad for me. Then I get more hugs and kisses... I have him just where I want him! :)
Oh and talk about the procrastination tactic for bedtime, now I can fuss one way and eat, fuss another and get taken to the bathroom, and even fuss another way and get rocked some more. IT's GREAT! Every kid should try this!!!

Mom and Dad think they are crazy for doing this sometimes, and I have to agree (but don't tell them that). Yet after a couple days I actually am glad that they tried this, if it saves me from wearing wet or dirty diapers for hours at a time I'll play along for now. Hopefully someday soon I'll be able to poop (and pee) in private in the real potty they'll (hopefully) buy for me! Until then, one day at a time is all I can give them...I'm sure I'll have more funny stories for you though. Keep reading!"




Today I learned: Even infants have thoughts... now if only we knew what they were!
Diapers saved today = 7
Money saved today = $1.40
Money saved to date = $11.40

2 comments:

  1. She totally peed on my comb and razor on purpose! I really think she likes playing with us when she fusses to take her to the potty and then once we de-clothe her and hold her over the “receptacle” she giggles and doesn’t do her “business.” She must get that from her Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's not ruin all dessert containers...I'll be sure not be bring anything sweet in a washable/reusable container...poor girl will need a dessert she can enjoy without potty training flashbacks!!

    ReplyDelete