Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 32

We have officially stayed faithful to EC for ONE WHOLE MONTH! You may be thinking that's not a lot of time, but please keep in mind the HOURS and HOURS we have put into potty training our daughter (and she still wears diapers).
Now that we've reached the one month stage, and are into our second month, I can't help but wonder if the 'conventional' way of toilet training would be easier and less time consuming. This may turn out to be true and my way of thinking "put the time in now or later" may be WAY off track... I still think we are doing the right thing. (for us)
Taking her to the bathroom every 20-30 minutes may not be ideal for most people, for us there is no other option at this point. I have come to LOVE my potty time with Annie. Although you may not understand... it's kinda like getting up with a crying baby in the middle of the night. You may hate it at the time because you're tired and want to sleep, but once that baby smiles at you and snuggles up in your arms to fall fast asleep you can't help wanting to hold her all night long. Yes, potty training is just like that. I groan at times (no, I'm not perfect... sorry Joe) but then I take her to the bathroom and she pees or poops and I think... WOW this is worth it! She is AMAZING and this is SO gratifying!
With all that said, as I look back over the past month: I can't believe we are crazy enough to think EC would work, dedicated enough to stay with it, and happy to reap the beneficial outcomes! This past month has been full of learning experiences. We are learning a lot about our daughter, yet some days I learn more about myself as a mom. I can't wait to see what month 2 has in store for us... stay tuned!

Today I learned: EC is AMAZING!!!
Diapers saved today = 6
Money saved today = $1.20
Money saved to date = $47.80

No comments:

Post a Comment