Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 31

"So today I had diarrhea, yeah like you wanted to know, but my mom would tell you anyway. She really likes to talk about my bowel habits...and she thinks people actually read this stuff! CRAZY! Anyway, like I was saying today I had diarrhea (same as yesterday) and it's really hard for me to go #2. I push and push and push some more, but it just won't come because it's pure water. Then I get very frustrated... you would too. My mom held me over the big girl toilet when I gave my signal that is was time to use the bathroom, well I didn't cooperate. Not because I'm three months old and rebelling, but because I just couldn't go. So, I sat there for almost 10 minutes until my mom said 'enough is enough you may just have to go in your diaper.' Of course I don't want to go in my diaper any more than she wants me too. But when you can't poop... well there are few options. So, I continue to give my signals and try SOOO hard but no success. I wish I could read because then I could sit there for hours and never get bored. Yes, our bathroom has LOTS to look at with all those bright colors, animals and under the sea stuff.. but you can only look at it so much. At least with reading a book I could have some change of scenery. Better luck in a few years I suppose.

Back to my elimination communication: Some days my mom is SO in tuned to my signals and others it's like she's deaf. I tell her over and over again that I have to go but she doesn't hear me. Kinda like my dad doesn't always hear her...let's hope this hearing thing isn't hereditary. She keeps telling everyone that I'm going to get a tiny potty so we'll see...hopefully this weekend she does some shopping and buys me a present. (hint hint mommy)

Well, it's been a month and my parents are still holding strong trying to use EC with me. It's amazing they've lasted this long...one month down 11 to go. Hopefully I'll show them that I can do this and the next months will go easier.

For tonight all I can do is try and make it through their attempts at toileting me... maybe then they'll let me sleep in and play uninterrupted tomorrow."



Today I learned: You have to have a bad day every once in a while to truly appreciate the good ones.
Diapers saved today = 4
Money saved today = $.80
Money saved to date = $46.60

No comments:

Post a Comment